Hi there! I am Ahmed Allam, a postdoctoral fellow in the Smart Structures & Dynamical Systems Lab (SSDSL) at Georgia Tech. In my work, I balance theory, simulations, and experiments in the fields of acoustics and smart materials. My research spans:
- Piezoelectric transducers modeling and design
- Active and passive acoustic metamaterials and phononic crystals
- 3D-printed acoustic materials
- Ultrasonic power and data transfer
- Ultrasonic phased arrays and non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Acoustic testing and automation
I am a mechatronics engineer by training, and I enjoy programming, electronics, and mechanical design. I am using this knowledge to communicate with scientists and engineers from different backgrounds, to coordinate interdisciplinary work on different levels.